Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First day.

There are new staffs in office today, around 16 of them; the scene reminds me of my first day at this office, which brings back lots of memories.

I remembered I was wearing a light green shirt, long sleeve, and a skirt, knee length. I was so excited on that morning that I woke up at 6.30a.m. to get ready for work. Around 8.00a.m., I've already reached office, waited with some early birds for the HR personnel to brief us. There were 14 of us, all new to this firm. We were looking at each other, judging each other from the first sight. I sat beside a guy, who looks so familiar to me. I swore I know him, he was my classmate when I was in the university last time. We were to brief slightly on ourselves. It's interesting at first to know all of the new staffs.. I got bored when the fifth person started to talk about himself. I got carried away with thoughts and imaginations about how the office will be. Anyway, I got so carried away that I didn't hear a word from the guy sat beside me.

Oh, my turn to introduce now. I turned to the guy sitting beside me, smiled and said "Well, we were classmates, we are both from the same university.."

He was shocked, and said "No, I'm from Monash"

I was so embarrased, thinking "Is my memory THAT bad?" I remembered his name, I remembered we were in the same group doing the same assignment! Anyway, before I recovered from my thoughts, all 13 of them burst into laughters. Oh ok, I'm a joker... I quickly finish up my introduction. I can feel the heat on my face, I guess I must be blushing really bad at that time. I never was so embarrased in my life, I just hope there's a hole to hide.

Just because of this, EVERYONE knows my name, my university, and his university. We are famous since the very first day of work. What awaits us are still uncertain...

3 comments:

yingying said...

hahahaha.......... next time confirm first b4 u say it out

Calista said...

He really was from my university.. just that he switched to Monash after that.. I thought he switched to another branch.. mana tau..

Calista said...

OMG fish is here! :p