There's something that makes me proud after reading it. Four out of five Malaysian universities have improved on their overall rankings this year. Although they didn't make it to top 200, I'm proud as their rankings are rising now. :)
Rankings for our universities are as follows:-
University Malaya (UM) rose from 246 to 230.
University Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) rose from 309 to 250.
University Putra Malaysia (UPM) rose from 364 to 320.
University Technology Malaysia (UTM) rose from 415 to 356.
However, University Science Malaysia (USM) has dropped to 313 from 307. :(
Harvard University still remains in number-one spot but Yale has moved ahead of Cambridge for second position. Number four is University of Oxford and California Institute of Technology ranks 5 in the list.
Needless to say, Singapore grants few places in the top 200 list. However, to my surprise, CHULALONGKORN University in Thailand actually ranked 166! Other neighbour countries are not in the top 200 list, like us heh'
Mmm.. if I were to suggest a way to improve the ranking, the lecturers should ONLY use English when teaching. I heard my friend from local U that one of the lecturer actually asked her to prepare her assignment in Bahasa Malaysia. -_-"
To be honest, I used to write beautifully in Bahasa Malaysia, but ever since I entered University, I hardly use any and if I were to write my assignment in Bahasa Malaysia, I would cry heh'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah! UTP!
Post a Comment