Monday, December 29, 2008

Outstation

There were more I wished to write. It's impossible to write it all, therefore I'm just jotting down those memorable one.

During my first day dining in restaurant in the hotel, I've ordered a glass of hot honey lemon, which is a drink off the menu.

The waitress looked at me, stunned for few seconds, as if I'm a freak. Later, she served me with 4 slices of lemon on a plate, two pack of honey in another plate and two toothpicks.

I looked at her, explained what I want, and she said "Oh, I get what you want."

She turned around and walked into the kitchen.

After few minutes, she came to me with a pot of hot water, with a cup. When she reached my table, she gently poured the hot water from the pot to the cup, smiled at me graciously and said "Enjoy your drink", and walked away.

Perhaps that is a norm to serve hot honey lemon that way, this is certainly the first time I need to make my own drink in a restaurant. I've made an impression. I've also been told that I'm the first customer to order hot honey lemon in that restaurant.

I bet there will be a hot honey lemon inserted in the menu next year when I come back.

FYI, that hot honey lemon is free of charge till the last day of our stay, as they have learned the skill and stopped serving it that way. On our last day there, hot honey lemon finally put into the bill. They billed us RM10 for one freaking hot honey lemon!

1 comment:

yingying said...

LOL... Funny...